The Center for Urban Education Leadership and the EdD program in Urban Education Leadership have been recognized at the local, state, and national levels by organizations at the vanguard of educational leadership preparation as well as in the media.
Recognition for the Center includes:
- UCEA Exemplary Educational Leadership Preparation Program Award
- Exemplary status from the Bush Institute's Alliance to Reform Education Leadership
- "Model Program" recognition from Illinois Board of Higher Education Commission on School Preparation
- Council of Great City Schools Urban Impact Award
Program graduates have also received recognition:
- 4 of Chicago Magazine's top 20 elementary schools in 2012 were led by UIC principals.
- 17 UIC principals received the "Top Principal Bonus" award from CPS in 2013
UIC has also been recognized by media outlets and publications, including:
- PBS News Hour
- District Administration
- Planning and Changing
- Wallace Foundation's Knowledge in Brief